Friday, February 08, 2008

Fat...Albert...Einstein?

After dinner tonight I asked Ty if he wanted to watch a video. We have one of those DVD carousels with over 150 animated movies or cartoon shows in there (I know, tough life for that kid). Anyhow, he has gotten into some of the vintage stuff that I grew up on as a kid like School House Rock, Sesame Street, and The Superfriends.

So tonight I asked if he wanted to see something "new" (new to him that is). I started up the cartoon and explained it was a show called Fat Albert. He repeated back the name "Albert" to make sure he understood how to say it. Then he paused, looked back at me and said, "Albert. I saw an Albert... Albert Einstein."

I was speechless for a moment. "Where did you see that?" I asked.
"On a book that our teacher read in school," he responded

Sign this kid up for gifted and talented now please.

8 comments:

BookMamma said...

What a smart boy!

First time visiting thanks to Weekend Bloghopping. Hope to come by more often!

Tara R. said...

That was prefect! You are definitely going to have your hands full with him. =)

blog hopping - etcetera

The Sports Mama said...

Blog-hopping by, stopped to wave a hello! What an adorable little boy you've got! :)

~Sports Mama

Unknown said...

I adore that Fat Albert is "new". Great post!

Kimberly McKay said...

Kids are so freakin amazing. Love this post!!!

ShannanB said...

Brilliant little boy on your hands. You never know what they are going to come up with!

Happy Blog Hopping,
Anastasia Beaverhousin

Karen MEG said...

Very cute and smart little guy!

Bloghoppin' Hi

Sarabeth said...

Cool!

Blog Hopping--HP